HOW TO: Applying False Eyelashes
Learning to apply lashes can be a difficult task for beginners, so today I’m going to tell you a few tips on how to apply them quickly and easily.
- Don’t get discouraged. It can take many attempts before you’ll be able to put them on successfully. Visit your local beauty store and get a few pairs of the cheap kinds- since these will be just for practice.
- Make sure you use a good lash glue. Clear or colored lash glues generally work the best.
- Cut your lashes to the right size for your eyes! I cannot stress this enough. Your lashes should never go past the end of your eyelids.
- Put mascara on. You want to do this before you apply false lashes so they blend better.
- Apply some of the lash glue onto a q-tip, then run your lash over the glue. Sometimes, trying to put glue directly onto the lash can be a bit messy. Wait 10-20 seconds for the glue to get tacky.
- Use either your fingers or tweezers to place them as close to your lash line as possible. It’s okay if it’s not exact.
- Get a damp q-tip and use it to push your lash into place. Slightly damp q-tips will allow you to get it exactly where you want it without them sticking to you.
- Use tweezers to pinch them onto your natural lash line. Be very careful that you don’t accidentally pinch your own lid or rip out an eyelash. I recommend slanted tweezers for this.
- Let them dry and adjust to how they feel. False lashes can feel weird the first time you wear them, so make sure you give yourself time to get used to it.
- Practice. You probably wont get it right the first time, but that’s okay. Just be patient and you’ll get the hang of it.
Once you’ve learned how to apply them, I recommend using good quality lashes such as the ones by Ardelle or Andrea. For glue, Duo is always a good brand- though any clear glue will do just fine.
I’ve seen a few fashion posts trying to expand the “Marie Antoinette is not Victorian” rant, but this stuff can get complicated, so here is a semi-comprehensive list so everyone knows exactly when all of these eras were.
Please note that this is very basic and that there are sometimes subcategories (especially in the 17th century, Jacobean, Restoration, etc)
And people wonder WHY I complain about History/Art History periodization. Note how much overlap there is to the above “eras”, and how many exceptions and extensions there are to these categories.
Oh, and by the way…
Because you wouldn’t want to be historically inaccurate.
also: SPACE SHEETS
i literally can’t imagine a scenario where a person wouldn’t want these
The sex would be
OUT OF THIS WORLD
OF THIS WORLD
They will live again in freedom.
In the garden of the lord.
You ever have those moments where, just out of nowhere, you’re hit with a rock-hard Halloween boner? You are suddenly consumed with desire for pumpkin spice flavored everything, orange and black decorations everywhere you look, skulls, pumpkins, spiderwebs, spooky music, movies like Hocus Pocus and Trick R Treat, stripey stockings on the cheap, weak-ass little fog machines, ect. even though it’s the middle of goddamn June?
It is an every day struggle, especially in public.
Over the weekend the girls of “Lovely” did all of our signed books! #lovely #kickstarter @britsketch @mingjuechen
“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past…and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America…with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”
Happy 59th, Disneyland!